At Poolweb.com, we make every effort to ensure that your online shopping experience is not only quick and easy, but safe and secure as well. We utilize industry leading data encryption to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your sensitive information. In addition, we use internet fraud screening to detect and protect you against fraudulent credit card transactions. In short, we’ve got your back when it comes to your security online!
Unfortunately, however, not all websites or online services share our standards when it comes to keeping users safe. Below are some tips that you can follow to help make all of your online activities as secure as shopping on Poolweb.com.
- Using a password that has a minimum of 8 characters and includes at least one letter and one number will greatly increase your password strength.
- Try to avoid using the same password for all your accounts. If someone gains access to one of your accounts, it won’t take long for them to take control of them all.
- Changing your passwords often (at least every 3 months) will help keep your accounts secure.
- Using a password manager will make it easier to have unique, strong passwords for every site you visit. With a password manager, you won’t have to remember or fill in your password. The password manager will do it all for you.
- Keep your software up-to-date. Installing the latest operating system and browser updates ensures that any known vulnerabilities in your system are patched.
- Make sure you are running an Anti-Virus program and an Anti-Malware program.
- Use caution. If an email you receive or a link on a website offers a deal that looks just too good to be true, it probably is.